The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Yorkshire puds with ice cream and chocolate
( 12 )
- Yorkshire puddings
- 3 egg
- 200 mlmilk
- 0.5 tspsalt
- 115 gramsplain flour
- rapeseed oil
- bun tray
- dark chocolate
- ice cream
About the recipe
Yorkshire puddings are a British classic, usually used as a side for dinner - like for a classic Christmas dinner. Here we've made Yorkshire puds for dessert, with ice cream and chocolate - which we know is bordering on sacrilegious, but we promise, it's absolutely delicious! Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 230 degrees convection.
2. Mix eggs, milk, salt and plain flour in a bowl, and blend with a (hand or regular) blender, until you have an even batter. Pour into a pitcher or a bowl with a pourspout.
3. Pour about 0.5 cm of oil into each hole of the bun tray, and place on a baking tray in the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the baking tray with the bun tray from the oven. Divide the batter into the holes of the bun tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes - until golden on top. IMPORTANT - don't open the oven as they bake, or they'll collapse!
5. Roughly chop the chocolate and melt it in a bowl in the microwave, or over a bain marie.
6. Serve the crispy Yorkshires with ice cream and melted chocolate.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids pop the ingredients into the blender. They can also help chop the chocolate.