The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Vegetarian lasagne with spinach and coconut milk - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 onion
- 0.5 tbspcurry
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 2 courgette
- 400 gramsfrozen spinach*
- 1 clovegarlic
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 100 mlwater
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- wholewheat lasagne sheets
- 200 gramsgrated cheese
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It can be a struggle to get enough veggies into the kids - at least in our house! But that's only all the more reason to look forward to this brilliant veggie lasagne, which will make the kids forget all about meat. Although it's filled with spinach, carrot and courgette, it's a huge hit! Remember to save half for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Dice the onion, then sweat it with the curry in some olive oil in a large pot. Peel and grate the carrots along with rinsed courgette on the rough side of a grater.
3. Now add carrot, courgette, spinach, pressed garlic, tomato purée and chopped tomatoes to the pot and stir well.
4. Add water, rinsed and chopped basil leaves, coconut milk and crumbled stock cube. Let the lot simmer for 10 minutes, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the sauce and lasagne sheets in at least three layers in your best lasagne dish. Top with grated cheese, and bake for about 30 minutes, until gorgeously golden.
6. And dinner's served - enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel the carrots and grate the courgette - though just half, so little fingers don't get too close to the grater. They're also champion tasters, and their lego training gets put to good use with assembling the lasagne!
Remember to save half for tomorrow - just make sure to cool the leftovers quickly, as the dish contains spinach.