The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
The best veggie stew with sweet potatoes - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 800 gramssweet potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 400 gramsgreen lentils
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 800 mlcold water
- 2 cubevegetable stock
- 2 tbspred curry paste
- 1 tbspdried coriander
- 16 veggie pancakes (or bread)
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
1. Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into bite-sized chunks. Rinse the bell peppers, remove the seeds and dice. Pop the lentils into a sieve and rinse well.
2. Now bring out your very favourite pot and sautée onion, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil for a few minutes. Add lentils, sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, water and vegetable stock and let the lot boil for about 20 minutes.
3. Add red curry paste and coriander - and don't worry: the dried sort doesn't taste quite as much of soap as the fresh! Add a bit more water if the dish has gotten too dense.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve the dish in deep plates with our yummy vegetable pancakes or a nice brown bread on the side.
You can also buy tinned green lentils - if you do, double the amount of lentils, and halve the amount of water.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids rinse the bell peppers, remove the seeds and dice them. They're also champion pot stirrers - and it's always a good idea to have them help taste test. That makes it easier to get them to eat and taste afterwards!