The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Tenderloin pot with peas and mushrooms, served with crushed potatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1200 gramspotatoes
- 2 onion
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 300 gramsfrozen peas
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 400 mlwater
- 400 gramsgrill sausage
- 50 gramsbutter
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
There were cheers around the dinner table when we served this at the Mambeno household! Tenderloin pot is a HIT, and especially this version with sausage, peas, mushrooms and carrots was a winner. The recipe is for two days, so remember to save half of the tenderloin pot for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender when poked with a fork. This takes 15-20 minutes.
2. Finely chop the onion. Peel carrots and grate on the fine side of a grater. Wash and quarter the mushrooms. Cut the tenderloin into bite-sized chunks - remembering to wash hands, knife and cutting board when you're done.
3. Brown the onion in some olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add the meat and let it cook along, until nicely and evenly seared. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the paprika over.
4. Now add all the veggies and stir well. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube and water and bring the lot to the boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes - or longer, if you have time.
5. Lower the heat, cut the sausages into smaller bits and add them. Carefully bring the heat up while stirring continuously. Be careful not to let the pot boil too much at this point, as the sausages might crack. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Drain the potatoes and roughly crush them in the pot with a whisk. Stir with butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Serve the tenderloin pot with the crushed potatoes. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up the sausages. They can also quarter the mushrooms.