The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Tasty lasagne with oyster mushrooms
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 250 gramsoyster mushrooms- or button mushrooms
- 100 gramssliced bacon- or rashers
- 700 gramsbeef mince
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 100 mlwater
- 500 mlwhite sauce
- 25 gramsbreadcrumbs
- wholewheat lasagne sheets
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Lasagne is a top three favourite here at Mambeno - and probably in most other families as well. This is our tasty take with bacon, carrots, peppers and oyster mushrooms, that you can find just next to the button mushrooms in most supermarkets. Note that this dish is intended for two days. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Finely chop the onion. Peel the carrots and roughly grate them. Clean and rinse the bell peppers and dice them. Rinse the oyster mushrooms and cut into smaller pieces. Chop the bacon into smaller chunks - remember to wash your hands and kitchen utensils afterwards.
3. Place the bacon bits in a cold pot. Turn on the heat and sautée until the bacon starts to crackle and pop. Add the onion and continue to sautée for another few minutes. Add the mince and let it brown thoroughly.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and water. Bring to a boil and add carrots, peppers and mushrooms. Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Layer the meat sauce, lasagne sheets and mornay sauce in a casserole dish. Start and finish with the mornay sauce, and top with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
6. Bake the lasagne for approx. 40 minutes, until it's nice and golden brown.
7. As an optional side, you can serve the lasagne with carrots, cucumber or other snack veggies.
Oyster mushrooms can be found next to button mushrooms in most supermarkets. If you can't find any, just use button or chestnut mushrooms, portobellos, or similar. Don't forget to save the leftover lasagne for tomorrow!