The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Taco shells with chicken and veg
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 0.5 cucumber
- 4 tomato
- lettuce or pointed white cabbage
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 2 tspcurry
- 2 tsppaprika
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 100 mlwater
- 25 gramsgrated cheese
- taco shells
- ketchup or taco sauce
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Our little ones LOVE taco shells, and we're willing to bet yours do too - it's a kid favourite in most families. Here we've filled the shells with spicy chicken and of course plenty of veg. Enjoy.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Optionally you can save a bit of raw onion for topping, if you have raw onion fans in your clan. Rinse cucumber and tomatoes and cut into bite-sized chunks. Rinse lettuce or cabbage and cut into fine strips.
3. Cut the chicken into thin strips. Remember to wash your hands and utensils when you're done.
4. Cook onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil in a pan, until it gets a nice bit of colour. Add chicken strips, curry, paprika, oregano and water. Season with salt and pepper and let cook until the chicken is cooked through. Don't forget to taste!
5. Put all toppings on the table in small bowls, and warm the taco shells in the oven.
6. Let everyone in the family assemble their favourite taco, and open as wide as you can!
Both lettuce and pointed white cabbage will work well in the taco shells. If you're using cabbage, you can use the rest for a yummy coleslaw tomorrow. For example as a side for juicy grilled or pan fried steaks, depending on the weather.