The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Spaghetti bolognese with sneaky veg - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 800 gramsbeef mince
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 celeriac*
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 200 mlwater
- 0.5 cucumber
- 4 snack pepper
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Bolognese is FANTASTIC for camouflaging veggies, so they can be snuck into the less veggie-versed kids. Here we've smuggled carrots and celeriac into the sauce, and served it with snack veggies. Remember to save half of the bolognese for tomorrow, where it's used in super yummy pizza lasagne. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Sweat for 3-4 in some olive oil in a pot, add beef mince and paprika and stir well, until the meat is seared well on all sides.
3. Peel the carrots and celeriac (you may need a knife to remove the base) and grate both on the coarse side of a grater. Let cook with the onion for a couple of minutes as you stir.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano and water and stir well. Let the bolognese simmer for as long as you have time. It only gets better the longer you leave it.
5. Rinse cucumber and snack pepper and cut both into sticks for snack veggies.
6. Season the bolognese with salt and pepper and serve in deep plates with pasta, and snack veggies on the side.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids hep peel carrots and celeriac - cut the celeriac into smaller chunks to make it easier for them. They can also rinse the snack peppers, and cut those and cucumber into sticks.