The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Savoury crepes with beef and pointed cabbage
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 0.5 headpointed cabbage
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 8 stickcelery*
- 4 tomato
- 600 gramscarrots*
- 275 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 1000 gramsbeef mince
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 200 mlwater
- 100 mlketchup
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 8 savoury crepes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Crepes - for dinner = amazing! Here we've filled the crepes with yummy beef filling, topped with cheese and tomatoes and gratinated in the oven. The recipe is for two days, and the rest of the filling we're saving for warm pitas the following day. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection. Rinse the pointed cabbage and cut into thin strips.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse the celery and thinly slice half of the sticks. If the kids develop tics and palpitations at the sight of celery, you can give onion, garlic and celery a whirl in a mini chopper or food processor. They'll never know! Cut the rest into sticks for snack veggies.
3. Rinse and roughly chop the tomatoes. Peel carrots, roughly grate half and cut the rest into sticks for snack veggies. Drain the sweetcorn and rinse in a bit of cold water. Roughly grate the cheese if it's not already.
4. Now cook onion, garlic, pointed cabbage and celery in a bit of olive oil in a pot, until it's cooked down. Add mince and oregano and sear well. Now add carrots, sweetcorn, water, ketchup and tomato purée and stir well. Let the lot simmer for 10-15 minutes, until some of the water is cooked off. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Remove half of the filling and store it in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for tomorrow, where you can use it as filling in warm pitas.
6. Pop the rest of the filling into the crepes, carefully roll them (so they don't break) and place them tightly in an ovensafe tray with the "seal" facing down. Top with chopped tomatoes and grated cheese and gratinate in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
7. Serve the crepes with carrots and celery as snack veggies. Yum - and enjoy!
Remember to save half of the meat sauce for filling in warm pitas for dinner tomorrow. Click the chefs' hat in the ingredient list, if you want to make homemade crepes.