The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Roast chicken with herb butter
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- thyme- fresh or dried
- 1 clovegarlic
- 50 gramsbutter- softened
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 tomato
- 2 ballmozzarella
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Roast chicken is dead easy and absolutely gorgeous! You only need to spend a bit of time in the kitchen, and then you can leave the birdy to relax by itself in the oven. Here we've made a beautifully juicy chicken stuffed with garlic and herb butter. This recipe is intended for two days. Use the leftovers in our leftover chicken risotto! Enjoy.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Rinse or scrub the potatoes - or peel them, if they're very grimy. Pop them in a roasting tin clad with baking parchment, and mix in a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Rinse the lemon and zest it on the fine side of a grater. Rinse a handful of fresh thyme and finely chop it, or use 1-2 tsp. dried thyme instead. Press or finely chop the garlic and mix in with the softened butter, lemon zest and thyme.
4. Pop the birdie on top of the spuds and bring your index finger between the skin and breastmeat of the bird, forming a pocket all the way down over both breasts. Fill the pocket with a good chunk of the herb butter, and spread it well, making sure it covers the whole breast. Use the rest of the butter on the inside of the bird.
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper both inside and out. The easiest way is to mix salt and pepper in a cup and rub the chicken with the mix. Pop the chicken in the oven and cook for about an hour, until the skin is golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through. You want the juices to run clear with no trace of pink.
6. Wash the tomatoes, and slice tomatoes and mozzarella. Layer on a tray, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with a sprinkle of herbs, if you have any.
7. Part the chicken however you like, and serve with the gorgeous potatoes and tomato salad. Enjoy!
Remember to save the leftover chicken and use it in a tasty leftover chicken risotto.