The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quesadillas with chicken and sweetcorn
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- leftover orange roast chicken
- 285 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 8 wholewheat tortillas
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Quesadillas are a delicious and easy way to use up leftovers. Today we're using the leftovers from yesterday's roast chicken and supplementing with sweetcorn, bell pepper and tomato. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection. Dice onion and bell pepper, and rip up the chicken. Sautée onion and bell pepper in some olive oil on a pan. Add the chicken, sweetcorn and oregano, season with some salt and pepper and let cook until the chicken is warm throughout.
2. Give the tortillas a brush of olive oil on one side. Place a tortilla oil side down on a cutting board, and spread some chicken on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Place another tortilla on top, this time with the oil side facing up.
3. Carefully move the quesadillas to an oven rack and bake for about 15 minutes. If you're brave, you can carefully flip them halfway through, to crisp both sides - but you can absolutely skip that, if you're not exactly bursting with confidence at the prospect! Use a pizza peel or large spatula to flip.
4. Serve the quesadillas with quartered cherry tomatoes on top. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rip up the chicken. They can also dice the bell pepper and quarter the tomatoes. We're figured one quesadilla per person, but if you think your lot is hungrier than that, pick up some extra chicken or bulk it out with some more veg.