The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork neck chops with sweet potato mash and creamy sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 500 gramssweet potatoes
- 1000 gramspotatoes
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 2 tbsppaprika
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 500 mlsingle cream- or low fat cream
- 400 gramsfrozen peas
- 8 pork neck chops
- 80 gramsbutter
- 200 mlmilk
- 0.5 cucumber
- 200 gramscarrots*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Ovenroasted pork neck chops never get old. Well... If you eat them every day for 7 years, they might. But if you just eat them on a bog standard Wednesday, they're brilliant. On Thursday, too! Here we've served them with a sweet potato mash. The dish is for two days, so remember to save the leftovers for quick dinner tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Peel sweet and regular potatoes and roughly dice. Cook until tender in a pot of unsalted water. This takes about 15-20 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
3. Finely chop onion and garlic. Sautée in a pot with olive oil and add paprika, dried oregano, chopped tomatoes, single cream and frozen peas, and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Season the chops with salt and pepper and give them a quick sear on both sides in olive oil on a pan. Pop the chops in an ovensafe tray and cover with the sauce.
5. Cook the chops in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Drain the potatoes, add the butter and whisk well. Add the milk, until the mash has your preferred consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Rinse the cucumber, peel the carrots and cut into sticks for snack veggies. Serve the neck chops with tomato sauce, creamy mash and snack veggies. Enjoy!
Remember to save the leftovers for tomorrow for a super easy dinner. If you have a bit of sausage or ham lying about, finely dice it and cook with the onion. This will add even more flavour to the dish.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let the kids dice the potatoes - make sure they use a knife they won't cut themselves with. Also let the kids peel the carrots, rinse cucumber and cut into sticks for snack veggies.