The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork in spice sauce with potatoes - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1200 gramspotatoes
- 2 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 600 gramscarrots*
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 500 mlsingle cream
- 400 gramsedamame beans
- 2 tspcumin
- 2 tspground coriander
- 2 tspground ginger
- 800 gramspork strips
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This spice pot is child friendly and full of flavour! We've made it with pork, carrots, bell pepper, edamame beans - and served it with potatoes. Remember to save half, so you have an easy and delicious dinner tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Peel the potatoes, and optionally cut into smaller pieces - they cook faster this way. Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender - this takes about 20 minutes.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel the carrots. Rinse and clean the bell peppers. Cut everything into bite-sized chunks.
3. Cook onion, bell pepper and carrot in a pot in some olive oil. Add garlic, chopped tomatoes, single cream, edamame beans, cumin, coriander and ginger and stir well.
4. Finally add the pork and stir well. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the spice pot with piping hot potatoes on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids cut the bell pepper and remove the seeds. They can then rinse and dice it. They can also happily cut up potatoes.Remember to save the leftovers for tomorrow.