The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork chops with baked root veggies - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 900 gramsfrozen root vegetables
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 2 tbsppaprika
- 1 tbspdried thyme
- bulgur- or wholegrain rice
- 4 pork chops
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here we've whipped up an easy dish with grilled or pan-fried pork chops, served with the easiest baked root veggies! We've served the dish with bulgur, but you can opt for rice instead. Remember to save the rest of the baked root veg for tomorrow, as the dish is intended for two days. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection.
2. Dice onion and garlic and mix with the frozen root veggies in a casserole tin.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, single cream, paprika, thyme and a pinch of salt and mix well. Let that relax in the oven for about 30 minutes, while you sort out the rest.
4. Meanwhile, cook bulgur or rice according to the packet.
5. 10-15 minutes before serving, season the chops with some salt and pepper. Sear on a pan in some olive oil, or whack them on the grill if the weather permits.
6. Serve the juicy pork chops with the baked root veggies and bulgur or rice.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the root veggies with spices, chopped tomatoes and single cream. They can of course also help set the table!