The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork chops with baked root veggies - day two
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- bulgur- or wholegrain rice
- 4 pork chops
- leftover baked root veg
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It's a quick and easy round of dinner today, as you just need to cook some bulgur or rice and cook some chops - and then the baked root veggies from yesterday just needs a good reheating. If you like, you can swap the chops for a different type of meat - or a nice grill sausage. Enjoy!
1. Cook bulgur or rice according to the packet. Or use the leftovers from yesterday, if you have any!
2. Cook the pork chops in some olive oil on a pan and season with salt and pepper as they cook. You can also chuck them on the grill, if weather permits.
3. Heat up the leftover baked root veg in a pot or the microwave. You can add some water, milk or single cream if the sauce is too thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve the chops with bulgur or rice and the yummy root veg mix.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids stir the pot of root veggies - other than that, there's not a whole lot to do other than set the table. So it is a perfect opportunity to train for that noble pursuit!