The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Oven-baked pork chops with cheese and spinach - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- Rice and sauce
- wholegrain rice
- 2 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 100 gramsdiced bacon- lardons
- 0.5 tbsppaprika
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 2 tbspketchup
- 200 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 tbspdried thyme
- 200 gramsfrozen spinach*
- 8 pork chops
- Snack veggies
- 4 stickcelery*
- 0.5 red bell pepper
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pork chops is and always has been a family classic. These ones go in the oven with bell pepper, mushrooms and spinach, with a lovely layer of grated cheese on top. Remember to save half for tomorrow, as the recipe is designed for two days. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan-assisted and cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Finely chop the onion. Wash, clean and dice the bell pepper. Rinse, clean and halve the mushrooms.
3. Place the bacon lardons on a cold and dry pan (ideally a deep one) and fire up the hob. Cook the bacon until crispy, then add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and let it sweat for a couple of minutes. If you don't have a deep pan, use a pot instead.
4. Add paprika, chopped tomatoes, ketchup, single cream, thyme and frozen spinach. Bring to the boil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Season the chops with salt and pepper, and quickly sear on both sides in some olive oil on a pan. Pop the chops into an oven dish and pour over the veggies and tomato sauce. Top with grated cheese.
6. Bake the chops for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Meanwhile, get the snack veggies ready by rinsing and cleaning celery and bell pepper and cutting both into sticks.
7. Serve with piping hot rice, celery and bell pepper sticks.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help dice the bell pepper. They can also clean and halve the mushrooms, sprinkle on the grated cheese, and of course cut the snack veggies.