The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork chops with mango salsa and guacamole
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 50 gramssesame seeds
- 2 tomato
- 2 avocado
- 1 clovegarlic
- 0.5 lemon
- 1 mango
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunchbasil- or parsley
- 4 pork chops
- acacia honey*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
An easy and quick dish that evokes (late) summer and long nights on the terrace. Juicy pork chops topped with a quick mango salsa and served with sesame rice and homemade guacamole. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet, and roast the sesame seeds on a dry pan, until they start to brown a bit and smell lovely. Set them aside.
2. Rinse the tomatoes, cut off the tops and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Finely dice the tomato meat. Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Scrape out the meat with a spoon and mash the avocado meat with a whisk in a bowl. Mix the avocado with tomato, pressed or finely chopped garlic and a dash of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and an optional pinch of pepper.
3. Peel the mango. Cut off both ends, so you can stand the mango upright on a cutting board. Cut the mango on either side of the stone, and finely dice the mango meat. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and finely dice it. If your kids like onions, feel free to mix in some finely chopped onion or red onion into the salsa.
4. Mix mango and bell pepper with some basil or other herbs, if you have some handy. Add honey and some lemon juice to taste.
5. Season the chops with some salt and pepper and cook on a pan in some olive oil - or chuck them on the grill, if weather permits.
6. Mix rice and sesame seeds and serve with the pork chops topped with some mango salsa and guacamole on the side. Enjoy!
If you have leftover guacamole, we suggest saving it for mexican hot dogs. It can go a bit brown on top after a night in the fridge, but you can easily remove that with a spoon, stir, and it's good as new.