The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Grill skewers with pork tenderloin, root veg and chive dip
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramspotatoes
- 500 gramscarrots*
- 1 courgette
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin
- dried oregano
- grill skewers
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Grill skewers are so delicious - even if they don't make it onto the grill! Our kids love when we pop meat and veggies on skewers. We've served the skewers with crispy root veg and chive dip. Remember to save the leftover skewers to use as filling in tasty tortilla wraps the following day. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection. Peel potatoes and carrots and cut into wedges and bite-sized slices. Turn with olive oil and oregano on a baking tray with baking parchment. Bake the root veg for 30-40 minutes until crispy. Remember to turn them during cooking.
2. If the weather is putting its grill-friendly foot forward, fire up the grill. Rinse the courgette, clean the bell pepper and roughly dice both.
3. Cut the pork tenderloin into bite-sized chunks and pop onto skewers along with a piece of bell pepper and courgette between each chunk of meat. Drizzle the skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook the skewers on the grill or in the oven along with the root veg for 15-20 minutes. Remember to turn them during cooking.
5. Serve the grill skewers with crispy root veggies and a tasty dressing of your choice.
Remember to save the rest of the skewers for tasty tortilla wraps tomorrow.Instead of carrots and potatoes you can also buy a bag of fresh root veg mix - or the frozen version, which simply needs warming in the oven. If you’re using wooden grill skewers, you can soak them in a bit of water before popping on the meat and bell pepper - or wrap some tin foil around the ends. This way the skewers won’t catch on fire if you’re grilling them.