The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Garlic chicken with baby baked potatoes and tomatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 clovegarlic
- 50 gramsbutter
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 200 mlwater
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 wholegarlic
- 1 whole chicken
- 200 mlsingle cream
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- gravy browning
- corn flour
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super tasty chicken recipe that you can cook either in the oven or on the grill. The chicken is roasted with potatoes and tomatoes in one tin, so it's an absolute breeze to make. And don't let the amount of garlic scare you - it'll be gorgeous and very mild. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection. Press the clove of garlic and stir into the butter. Rinse the tomatoes. Scrub the potatoes or peel them if they're very grimy. Pop potatoes and tomatoes in a casserole tin or a foil tray if you're in a grilling mood. Turn them with a dash of oil, salt and pepper, and add the water. Rinse the lemon and the whole garlic, halve both and place on opposite ends of your tin or tray.
2. Pop the cleaned birdy on top of the potatoes, and run a finger between the skin and breast meat to form a pocket down across both breasts. Fill the pocket with some garlic butter so it covers the whole breast. Use the rest of the garlic butter on the inside of the chicken.
3. Season the chicken both inside and outside. Pop it in the oven, or on the grill using indirect heat, and roast for approx. an hour, until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. You want the juices to run clear, with no trace of pink. If needed, add a bit more water along the way, so there's always just shy of an inch at the bottom of your tray.
4. Pour the roasting juices into a small pot. Add single cream or milk and heat up. Add some gravy browning, salt and pepper to taste, and optionally you can thicken the sauce with a mix of water and corn flour.
5. Let the chicken rest uncovered on a cutting board for 10 minutes before you part it, to keep the juices in the meat. But hey, if you're in a hurry, just grab your best knife and part the birdy right away!
6. Peel carrots and rinse cucumber and cut both into sticks for snack veg. Serve with chicken, sauce, potatoes, and a squeeze of the baked lemon on top. If you have any leftover salad in the fridge, you can toss it with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil and serve on the side. Enjoy!
If you have leftover chicken - use them for a lovely chicken sandwich.