The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken salad sandwich
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- leftover roast chicken
- 100 mlskyr*
- 2 tbspmayonnaise
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- fresh or dried tarragon
- 300 gramscarrots*
- fresh spinach*
- 4 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- wholewheat sandwich bread
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Stuffed sandwiches are a definite favourite here at Mambeno on the busier days. Here we're filled the sandwiches with a chicken salad, made from the leftovers from our roast chicken. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Pop the bacon slices on a cold pan and turn on the heat. Cook the bacon until crispy and let it drip off on a bit of kitchen roll.
3. Pick the leftover chicken into thin strips.
4. Whip up a dressing from skyr, mayonnaise, acacia honey and a pinch of fresh, chopped tarragon - or use the dried kind if you prefer. Add salt and pepper to taste, and a pinch more tarragon if you see fit. Finally stir in the chicken.
5. Peel carrots and cut them into sticks for snack veggies.
6. Rinse the veggies and cut into appropriate slices and chunks. Warm the sandwich bread in the oven and pop everything on the table in small bowls. Let the family assemble their favourite sandwich and munch away!
If the kids aren't huge fans of terragon, you can easily leave it out or swap it for other herbs, like basil or oregano. If you have leftover chicken salad, use it in the kids' packed lunches. Yum!