The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Fried wraps with filling and snack veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 4 wholewheat tortillas
- 4 slicesliced cheese
- leftover chicken pot
- 150 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 2 tbspcold water
- 2 tbspplain flour
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 avocado
- rapeseed oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
1. Halve the tortillas. Cut the cheese slices into triangles and mix the leftover chicken pot with sweetcorn. Make a sort of flour paste by mixing water and flour into an even mass.
2. Folding the wraps is super easy - but a bit tricky to explain. So we've made a little video. You'll find the link at the bottom, in our Tips section. But here goes...!
3. Place cheese in the middle of the tortilla, with the point towards the straight, cut side. Put flour paste on half of the straight side, and a third of the round side. Fold the bit without paste over the cheese and then fold the bit with paste over the rest, to form a triangle. Close the sides by pressing with your fingers, but keep the top open.
4. Pop filling into the "pocket", but be careful not to overfill it. Brush flour paste onto one side of the open bit and close the wrap completely. Phew...! We hope you got that - but hey! Watch the video, it's not hard at all.
5. Fry the folded wraps in a good dash of oil on a pan. You can also brush them with oil and ovenbake for approx. 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
6. Peel the carrots and rinse and clean the bell pepper. Cut both into sticks, remove the stones from the avocados and cut into wedges. You can drizzle them with a bit of lemon juice, to keep them from browning.
7. Serve the yummy fried wraps with snack veggies on the side. Enjoy!
You can see how to fold the wraps right here.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let the kids help put the filling in the wraps and sort out snack veggies.