The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken pot with beans and sweetcorn
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 2 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 2 yellow bell pepper
- 800 gramschicken fillet
- 2 cankidney beans
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 tbspred curry paste
- 1 tbspground coriander
- 150 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 200 mlcreme fraiche 18%
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This is the recipe for an easy and delicious pot with chicken, kidney beans, bell pepper, sweetcorn and rice, which we're topping with creme fraiche. The dish is for two days, and the leftovers we've used in our MEGA tasty fried wraps. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Clean and rinse the bell peppers and dice everything. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Remember to wash your hands and utensils afterwards.
3. Now cook onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a pot or deep pan. Add bell pepper and chicken and cook for a couple of minutes until the chicken is seared.
4. Add kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, red curry paste and ground coriander and bring the lot to the boil. Let it simmer as long as you (and the kids) have the patience for - ideally 10 minutes or more. Just remember to stir here and there, and watch out that the pot doesn't cook dry.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve the dish with rice, topped with sweetcorn and creme fraiche.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids clean and rinse the bell peppers and dice everything. They're also master pot stirrers!