The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Fish frikadeller with cauliflower pasta
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 400 gramsfish farce
- 200 mlboiling water
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Fish frikadeller are the Danish equivalent of the much loved British fish cake, made from a smooth and fluffy fish farce. Here we've served them with a tasty and creamy cauliflower pasta with cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet - remember to save the pasta water, as you need it for the sauce. Rinse and halve the cherry tomatoes. Remove the cauliflower stem, rinse and cut into florets.
2. Shape nice fish frikadeller from the farce with a tablespoon and your palm. Cook in a bit of olive oil on a pan and season with some salt and pepper.
3. Cook the florets in some olive oil on the same pan that you used to cook the fish. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the florets have gotten a nice sear on them.
4. Add pasta water and crumbled stock cube and let it simmer until the stock is dissolved. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and chuck in the tomatoes. Add a bit more pasta water and taste again, if you want to make a bit more sauce. Let everything simmer for a few minutes and mix the sauce with the pasta.
5. Serve with warm fish frikadeller and garnish with a bit of herb on top, if you're feeling fancy!
If you have leftover cauliflower, we recommend using it in potato and cauliflower gratin.