The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork chops with potato and cauliflower gratin
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 500 gramspotatoes
- 1 onion
- 200 mlsingle cream
- 200 mlmilk
- 2 egg
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 4 pork chops
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Lots of kids have a tricky time with cauliflower. But for us, it works out just fine to mix cauliflower with potatoes and gratinate both with some low-fat cream, milk and low-fat cheese. Here we've served the potato and cauliflower gratin with juicy pork chops and veg.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Remove the stem, rinse the cauliflower and split into little florets. Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices. Finely dice the onion. Whisk cream, milk, egg, grated cheese, salt and some pepper together well. Now mix the potato slices, cauliflower florets, onion and your creamy mix with a spoon (or your hands!) in a large bowl and pop everything into an oiled baking tray.
3. Bake the cauliflower and spuds for about 35 minutes, until the cheese is golden and the veggies tender, when you prick them with a fork.
4. Season the chops with salt and pepper and cook them on a pan with some olive oil. Peel the carrots, rinse the cucumber and cut both into sticks for snack veggies.
5. Serve the chops with the potato-cauliflower gratin, and with snack veggies on the side. If you have some herbs to hand, pop a generous sprinkle on top. And it's good for the eyes, or so they say!