The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Daal with chicken and coconut milk
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 2 tomato
- 200 gramsred lentils
- 2 tspcurry
- 2 tspcumin
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 600 mlwater
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 200 mlcoconut milk
- leftover roast chicken
- 1 lime
- 2 naan bread
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Daal is a classic Indian dish. Daal is based on lentils and comes in infinite varieties. Our version is made extra mild and child-friendly with curry, tomatoes and coconut milk, making it extra tasty and creamy. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 185 degrees convection.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse the bell pepper, remove the seeds and finely dice it. Peel and finely dice the carrots as well. Wash the tomato and cut into bites.
3. Sautée onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil in a pot. Rinse the lentils thoroughly in a sieve, to get rid of all the impurities. Add curry, cumin, and the lentils to the onion in the pot, and let cook for a few minutes while stirring.
4. Add the canned tomatoes, water, stock, coconut milk, bell pepper and half of the chopped carrots. Use the rest of the carrots and fresh tomatoes for garnish.
5. Let the daal simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the chicken on a pan in a bit of olive oil with salt and pepper.
6. Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and warm the naan breads to use for dipping and mopping up sauce. Enjoy!
If you have leftover coconut milk, you can freeze it in an airtight container so you have it for next time. We've used the leftovers from our roast chicken as a topping, but you can easily leave out the chicken - or cut a chicken fillet into strips and cook them on a pan, if you don't have any leftovers.