The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken wings with wok greens and rice
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 clovegarlic
- 50 mlketchup
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 1 tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 700 gramschicken wings
- 2 red onion
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 200 gramsmushrooms
- 2 tspcurry
- 300 gramsfrozen beans
- 200 mlwater
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 3 tbspsoy
- acacia honey*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chicken wings are always a hit! Here we've served them somewhat non-traditionally as an easy and delicious wok dish with plenty of veg, coconut milk and rice. If you cook extra rice, you can use them in stuffed courgettes the following day. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection or fire up the grill if the weather permits.
3. Press or finely chop the garlic and mix well with ketchup, honey and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Coat the chicken wings well with the marinade and chuck them on the grill, or pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Peel the onion and cut into wedges. Peel the carrots and wash the mushrooms. Cut both into smaller pieces.
5. Cook the onion in olive oil until golden. Add curry, mushrooms, carrots and frozen beans. Stir well and cook on full heat for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add water, crumbled chicken stock, coconut milk and soya. Let the lot simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and an optional dash of acacia honey and maybe some more curry.
7. Serve the tasty chicken wings with piping hot rice and veggies on the side.
If you've got sesame oil to hand, pop about 2 tbsp. into the sauce - it adds an amazing flavour. And if you can't find fresh chicken wings in the supermarket, use chicken drumsticks or leave off the marinade and get the pre-marinated wings in a pinch.