The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken gratin bake
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 2 stickcelery*
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 800 gramschicken fillet
- 500 mllow fat mornay sauce
- 75 gramsgrated cheese- preferably low-fat
- 25 gramsbreadcrumbs
- wholewheat pasta- fussili
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This is the recipe for a delicious ovenbaked chicken dish. With mornay sauce and plenty of veg. The recipe is designed for two days, and this is the recipe for day one, where the dish is served with wholewheat pasta. On day two we're serving the leftovers with wholegrain rice. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel the carrots, wash the celery and slice both. The thickness is up to you. Clean and wash the mushrooms and slice those as well. Put the veg aside for now.
3. Season the fillets with salt and pepper and flash fry them at high heat on a pan with olive oil. You don't want them cooked through, just get a nice sear on them. Place the chicken fillets in the bottom of a casserole tin, and remember to wash your hands and utensils after - except for the pan.
4. Start by cooking the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil on the same pan you used for the chicken. Give it a few minutes, then add the remaining veg little by little. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another few minutes. Pour the veggies over the chicken and finish off with the mornay sauce.
5. Top with a bit of grated cheese and finish with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
6. Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until beautifully golden on top. Meanwhile, cook the wholewheat pasta and serve with a sprinkle of herbs, if you have any in.
Save the leftovers for dinner tomorrow, and optionally save some pasta screws for the little ones' packed lunches.