The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Baked cod with cherry tomatoes and lemon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 200 mlwater
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 0.5 organic lemon
- 400 gramscod fillet
- 50 gramsalmonds*
- grated parmesan
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Our kids adore this fish dish! Yummy cod, wholegrain rice and a delicious tomato and lemon sauce. A perfect dish to introduce the little ones to eat fish. Enjoy!
1. Boil the rice following directions on the packet, and preheat your oven to 180 degrees convection.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse the cherry tomatoes and halve them. Sautée onion and garlic in a bit of olive on a pan at medium heat. The onion only needs a few minutes, enough to clarify without browning. Add water, tomatoes, stock cube, and lemon zest.
3. Bring the sauce to the boil and carefully stir until the stock cube is dissolved. Season the cod with salt and pepper and place in a baking tray covered with baking parchment or oiled. Pour over the sauce and place in oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
4. The cod is done when it peels into flakes, when you lightly press it with a fork - or when small, milky white bubbles form on top.
5. While the cod is in the oven, roast the almonds on a dry pan. Let them cool and roughly chop them.
6. Serve the piping hot fish with rice and the delicious sauce with softened tomatoes. Garnish with chopped almonds, grated parmesan and optionally a bit of fresh basil or other greens, if you have some handy.
You can use fresh or frozen cod fillets - or other cuts. For the dish in the picture, we used cod loins, a sort of cod tenderloin that's easily found in the frozen isle at Tesco or other supermarkets. If you have leftover cooked rice you can use them for tasty fried rice with ham and veggies.