The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Winter pot with pork, spinach and rice
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 courgette
- 340 gramspork chops
- 100 gramsdiced bacon
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 0.5 tbspdried thyme
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 2 tbspred pesto
- 40 gramsfresh spinach*
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pots and stews are super tasty, full of flavour, and easy to make. This one's a yummy winter pot with pork, bacon and courgette in a mild tomato sauce, served with rice and fresh spinach leaves. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Wash and roughly dice the courgette. Cut the pork chops into bite-sized chunks - of course remembering to wash your hands, knife and cutting board when you're done.
3. Sear the bacon in a pot. Add onion, garlic, courgette, paprika, thyme and pork and stir well. If you're using a strong paprika, you might not need the full amount in the recipe - have a taste as you go.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and red pesto and bring the pot to the boil. Let the dish simmer for 10 minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse the spinach well and fold into the pot, or serve as a super simple salad on the side! Remember to heat thoroughly if adding the spinach to the pot. Serve with piping hot rice.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up the pork chops. They can also dice the courgette.