The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Wholewheat pasta with tuna, feta and olives
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramswholewheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 200 mlwater
- 0.5 lemon
- 2 cantinned tuna
- 100 gramsblack olives
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
You can make this dish quicker than you can say "wholewheat pasta with tuna, feta and olives" - almost, at least. If you say it really slowly. Digressions aside, it's dead quick and dead tasty. And it's a good way to get a bit of fish into the kids!
1. Boil the pasta following the directions on the packet - remember to save a bit of the water.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic, wash the cherry tomatoes and halve them.
3. Cook the onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil in a pot or deep pan. Cook on medium heat while stirring for about 5 minutes. You don't want them to brown, just clarify and smell lovely.
4. Turn off the hob and add tomatoes, pasta water and a bit of lemon juice. Drain the tuna, and add it along with olives, crumbled feta and pasta. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste, and optionally a bit more lemon juice if needed.
5. Serve in deep plates topped with some crumbled feta and herbs, if you have some to hand.
If you can find it, pick tuna with the white and blue MSC-mark. It's a guarantee of sustainability, so there'll be fish left in the oceans when the kids grow up.