The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Wholegrain hot dog buns
- 50 gramsyeast
- 300 mlmilk
- 25 gramsbrown sugar
- 100 gramswholegrain flour- or wholewheat
- 500 gramsplain flour
- 25 gramsbuttersoftened
- 1 tspsalt
- 50 gramssesame seeds
About the recipe
It's no hassle to bake your own hot dog buns, and the smell alone will make you fancy hot dogs again and again!
1. Warm the milk until it's warm, not hot, to the touch, pour it in a bowl or a mixer along with sugar, and dissolve the yeast in.
2. Add wholegrain flour and half the plain flour and stir for a few minutes.
3. Add butter, salt, and the rest of the flour little by little. Knead or stir until the dough is pliable and lets go of the bowl. You might not need all of the flour.
4. Split the dough into 12 sections and roll into sausage-shapes about 12 cm long. Flatten them slightly, to give them that hot dog bun shape. Keep in mind that they'll rise and get both higher and wider.
5. Let the buns rest covered for 30 minutes, and preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
6. Brush the buns with eggwash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake the buns for about 20 minutes, or until golden.