The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Wholegrain burger buns
- 50 gramsyeast
- 300 mlmilk
- 25 gramsbrown sugar
- 100 gramswholegrain flour
- 450 gramsplain flour
- 25 gramsbuttersoftened
- 1 tspsalt
- 50 gramssesame seeds
- 1 egg- for brushing
About the recipe
Homemade burgers are a favourite of just about any kid - and adult! These burger buns will be the perfect cherry on top.
1. Warm up the milk until it's warm, not hot, to the touch and pour into a bowl or mixer along with brown sugar, and dissolve the yeast in.
2. Add wholegrain flour and half of the plain flour, and stir for a few minutes.
3. Add butter, salt and the rest of the flour little by little. Stir or knead until the dough is pliable and lets go of the bowl. You might need to add a bit more flour if the dough is still sticking.
4. Split the dough into 8, knead well and shape into buns.
5. Place the buns on two baking trays with baking parchment - four on each - and pop another sheet of baking parchment on top. Flatten the buns by pushing another baking tray down on top of the baking parchment and the buns. You want the buns 10-12 cm in diameter.
6. Leave the buns to rest for an hour. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
7. Brush the buns with eggwash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Bake for approx. 20 minutes, or until golden.
Kids and burgers go hand in hand - and that includes in the kitchen! Let the kids help out and make their own buns. And remember - you decide how your buns look, your kids decide how theirs will look!