The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Vietnamese curry with chicken and fried onion
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 1 onion
- 350 gramschicken mini fillets
- 2 tspcurry
- 200 mlcoconut milk
- 2 tbspfish sauce
- 200 mlwater
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 1 organic lime
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 bunchfresh coriander
- 50 gramsfried onions
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A qiuck and yummy curry with coconut milk, chicken and veggies. Topped with decorative carrot strips and fried onion – easy and super tasty. We've used chicken mini fillets, but if you're in a rush, you can use diced chicken instead. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet. Clean, wash and quarter the mushrooms. Coarsely chop the onion.
2. Finely dice the chicken, remembering to wash hands and utensils when you're done.
3. Sear mushrooms, onion and chicken in some olive oil in a pot. Add curry, coconut milk, fish sauce, water and chicken stock.
4. Zest the lime on the fine side of a grater (or with a zester, naturally) and add to the sauce. Season with lime juice, a pinch of sugar, and perhaps more fish sauce and curry as needed.
5. Peel the carrots and get rid of the peels. Then use your peeler to peel the carrots into thin strips, to be used as garnish.
6. Serve the curry with piping hot rice and top with carrot strips, fresh coriander and fried onion.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids clean and quarter the mushrooms. They can also happily peel the carrot strips.