The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Veggie stew with butter beans, sweetcorn and curry
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 2 leek
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1.5 tbspcurry
- 2 tinbutter beans- or kidney beans
- 140 gramstomato purée
- 300 mlwater
- 300 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 4 wholewheat pitabreads
- mango chutney
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here we've cooked up a simple and tasty vegetarian dinner. We're using butter beans in this dish - big, creamy beans from a tin, also called lima beans - but if you can't get your hands on any, you can happily use other beans, such as kidney beans. We're serving this treat with wholewheat pitabread and mango chutney. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet. Remove tops and bottoms and thoroughly clean the leeks. Then slice into roughly 1 cm thick slices.
2. Cook the leeks in olive oil with pressed garlic and curry.
3. Add butter beans, tomato purée, water and sweetcorn and let the dish simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season the dish with salt and pepper.
4. Warm the pitabreads on a toaster or in the oven and cut into triangles.
5. Serve the dish with mango chutney and pitabread.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help clean and slice the leeks. Also have them help taste, as it often makes kids feel braver about trying new dishes.