The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Veggie pizza with bell pepper, onion and mushroom
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- semolina flour
- 500 gramspizza dough
- 280 gramspizza sauce
- 200 gramsmushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 red onion- or white
- 2 ballmozzarella
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- baking parchment
- olive oil
- Snack veggies
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 1 red bell pepper
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Veggie pizza is a great way of getting vegetables and meatless dishes into the kids. Here's a version with red onion, mushroom, bell pepper – and of course mozzarella. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to at least 250 degrees – ideally 275 – top and bottom heat, with a baking tray on the bottom shelf. If you have a pizza stone, place it on an oven grate in a cold oven before switching it on. You can also happily make the pizza on the grill, if you have one with a lid. In that case, place a pizza stone on the cold grill grate and let it warm up along with the grill.
2. Sprinkle semolina onto a clean tabletop and roll out two pizza bases with a rolling pin, to about 30 cm in diameter. Note: If you don't have a pizza peel to move the pizza to the oven or grill, move the bases to a piece of baking parchment with your hands before adding the sauce and toppings.
3. Spread tomato sauce onto the bases. Rinse and slice the mushrooms, and thinly slice bell pepper and onion.
4. Add toppings to the pizzas, and finally rip the mozzarella into small pieces and spread on top.
5. Move the pizzas to the oven or grill using a pizza peel, or slide a cutting board until the baking parchment holding the pizzas. Bake the pizzas for 10-15 minutes one by one, until the cheese is golden and the crust crispy. Optionally, finish with a sprinkle of oregano and olive oil.
6. Cut the peeled carrots and bell pepper into sticks for snack veggies. Enjoy – and remember napkins, because pizza should be eaten with your hands!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the mushrooms and bell pepper. They can also spread tomato sauce onto the bases and add the toppings. We've figured 2 pizzas for 2 adults and 2 kids. If your lot is hungrier, of course just adjust the amounts.