The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Veggie curry with cauliflower, coconut and chickpeas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- oil for frying
- 25 gramsalmonds*
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 500 gramssweet potato
- 250 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 headcauliflower
- 3 tspcurry
- 2 tspcumin
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 200 mlwater
- 1 canchickpeas
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here at Mambeno we love meat - but we also love coming up with dishes where the meat has been entirely replaced by veggies, without the kids moaning! This vegetarian curry is just the ticket. With sweet potato, chickpeas, carrots and creamy coconut. Note that this dish is intended for two days - so dinner is sorted in a flash tomorrow! Enjoy.
1. Boil the rice and fry a few poppadoms in a bit of oil following the directions on the packet. Roast the almonds on a dry pan and roughly chop them.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel the sweet potatoes and dice them to about the size of playing dice. Peel the carrots and cut them into bite-sized, diagonal chunks. Rinse the cauliflower, remove the stem and cut into florets.
3. Cook onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a big pot. Sprinkle with curry and cumin and let cook for another few minutes, without browning the onion.
4. Add sweet potatoes and carrots and continue to cook while stirring continuously for another few minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and water. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add chickpeas, cauliflower and crumbled stock cube and bring the lot to the boil.
5. Let simmer with lid on for about 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Add coconut milk, bring to the boil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the tasty veggie curry with rice and sprinkle with a bit of almonds and maybe a dash of herbs if you have any handy.
Don't forget to save the leftovers for a quick dinner tomorrow.