The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Veggie burgers with carrot chips
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramscarrots*
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 1 celeriac*
- 50 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 3 egg
- 4 tomato
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 6 burger bun
- sliced pickle
- garlic mayo
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Yay! Veggie burgers are just SO delicious - at least our version is! The patty is made from breaded celeriac, and if you don't go announcing it, the family might not even miss the beef patty. We're serving the burgers with carrot chips. Which can of course be swapped for potato chips, if need be... Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection.
2. Peel and cut carrots into sticks. Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Coat the carrots with a dash of oil and oregano and bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. Peel the celeriac and slice into 1 cm thick slices, that you cut in half. Pop breadcrumbs, salt and pepper onto a flat plate. Crack the eggs into a deep plate and beat them. Coat the celeriac slices in the egg and then the breadcrumbs, and cook in olive oil until golden. Save the eggs and cook them on the pan to make scrambled eggs.
4. Rinse tomatoes and cucumber and slice both. If your family likes onion, cut some onion rings. Pop everything on the table in small bowls along with sliced pickle.
5. Warm the burger buns and let the whole family assemble their own favourite burgers.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help coat the celeriac slices in egg and breadcrumbs.
We've figured two burgers per adult and one burger per child. Remember to adjust your shopping list if your clan is more or less hungry.