The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Vegetarian stew with leeks, curry, butterbeans and sweetcorn
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 3 leek
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1.5 tbspcurry
- 2 tinbutterbeans- or kidney beans
- 140 gramstomato purée
- 300 mlwater
- 300 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 6 wholewheat pitabreads
- mango chutney
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here we've whipped up a simple and tasty vegetarian dish. We're using butterbeans in the dish - big and creamy beans, but if you can't get your hands on butterbeans (also known as lima beans and found on tins), you can use other beans, such as kidney beans, instead. We're serving this delight with wholewheat pitabreads and mango chutney. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet. Remove tops and bottoms and clean the leeks thoroughly. Then cut into slices approx. 1 cm thick.
2. Cook the leeks in olive oil with pressed garlic and curry.
3. Add butterbeans, tomato purée, water and sweetcorn and let the dish simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Warm the pitabreads and cut into triangles.
5. Serve the dish with rice, mango chutney and pita breads.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help clean and slice the leeks. Let them help with tasting, too, as it often helps with their appetite for new dishes.
If you can't find butterbeans, you can just as well use other beans, such as kidney beans.