The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Vegetarian risotto with leek, bell pepper and edamame
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1.5 litrewater
- 2 cubechicken stock
- 1 leek
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clovegarlic
- 300 gramsrisotto rice
- 200 mlwhite wine
- 200 gramsfrozen edamame beans- loose
- 75 gramsparmesan
- 0.5 lemon
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Risotto makes for super simple and easy dinner. This one's a kid-friendly veggie risotto with leek, bell pepper and edamame beans. Enjoy!
1. Bring the water to the boil along with stock cubes. Chop top and bottom off the leek, clean it, and cut into rings. Rinse and clean the bell pepper and finely dice it.
2. Mince the garlic. Cook garlic, leek and bell pepper over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until it starts to get lovely and fragrant.
3. Add risotto rice and stir for a few minutes, to prevent them burning.
4. Add wine while stirring, and increase the heat slightly. Stir until the rice has absorbed nearly all of the wine.
5. Now add the stock little by little, while still stirring. Let the rice absorb the stock before adding more. Once you've added half of the stock, add the edamame beans, then keep adding stock until the risotto has the consistency of runny porridge, and the rice still has some bite. Watch out for the risotto getting too thick or salty.
6. Add grated parmesan. Carefully stir and season with salt, pepper and lemon. Serve in deep plates with grated parmesan on top. We suggest chopping some extra bell pepper to sprinkle on as garnish, if you're feeling fancy.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the leeks into rings. They can also dice the bell pepper, and use their massive muscles to give the risotto a good stir.