The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Vegetarian quiche with cottage cheese and feta
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- shortcrust pastry
- 4 egg
- 100 mlmilk
- 200 gramscottage cheese
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 onion
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 3 leek
- 1 green bell pepper
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Our kids love quiche! And for some reason, they don't complain when we serve up a completely vegetarian quiche with no trace of meat. Maybe because they don't even notice what's missing! This quiche is made with cottage cheese and feta, and of course lots of kid-friendly veggies.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking parchment, or on a floured tabletop, until it's big enough to cover the quiche tin.
3. Pop the pastry in a buttered quiche tin - you want it hanging over the edge slightly. Poke the bottom randomly with a fork to stop it from bubbling up. Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile sort the vegetables and egg filling. Mix eggs, milk, cottage cheese, crumbled feta, grated cheese and salt in a bowl.
5. Wash, clean and peel the veggies. Be aware of stubborn bits of dirt, that can be hiding between the leaves of the leeks. Finely chop the onion. Grate the carrots or cut them into bite-sized chunks depending on your preference. Cut the leeks into thin rings, bell pepper into strips, quarter the mushrooms and halve the cherry tomatoes.
6. Cook the veggies with a bit of olive oil in a big pan or pot, while stirring continuously, for a couple of minutes until they've cooked down a bit. Drain any liquid from the veggies and add them into the egg mix. Spread the lot across your pastry in your quiche tin, and top with rinsed halved cherry tomatoes.
7. Bake the quiche for approx. 30 minutes - or until the egg filling is stiff and the quiche has a gorgeous, golden surface.
If you have leftover quiche you can easily freeze it, or use it in the kids' packed lunches.