The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Turkish pide with salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 mlcold water
- 100 mlboiling water
- 25 gramsyeast
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 200 gramsrye flour
- 500 gramsplain flour
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 aubergine
- 400 gramsbeef mince
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 0.5 tbspfresh rosemary- or dried
- 2 egg
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 200 gramsfrozen peas
- lettuce of your choice
- dressing of your choice
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Turkish pide is sort of a mix between pizza and calzone - half open, easy to eat and tastes amazing! We've stuffed these with beef and aubergine. They're super yummy for dinner and great in the packed lunch. We've made a short video, showing how to fold them. Enjoy!
1. Mix cold and boiling water in a bowl and stir yeast and oil into the water. Add rye flour, plain flour and salt and knead the dough until supple. Add a bit more flour if the dough is tacky, and leave the dough while you make the sauce. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Chop onion and garlic. Rinse the aubergine and dice it somewhat finely. Sautée onion and garlic in a bit of oil in a deep pan or pot. Add the diced aubergine and let cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the beef mince and let it sear well. Add chopped tomatoes, paprika and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Now split the dough, so there's two pieces per person you're feeding. You can also make them smaller, to make more. Drizzle flour on the table and roll the dough out with a rolling pin into small oval shapes.
5. Place the pieces of dough on a baking tray with baking parchment. Spread the filling onto the centres, but keep the outermost 2 cm bare. Fold the dough over the filling lengthways and carefully seal the ends with your fingers, but leave an opening in the middle.
6. Beat the egg and pour a spoonful of egg over the filling. Bake the Turkish pide in the oven for approx. 25 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, peel the carrots and thinly slice them. Pour boiling water over the frozen peas and mix both with rinsed lettuce. Top with dressing of your choice.
8. Serve the yummy pide with ketchup and crispy salad.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help make the dough. They can also cut the carrots for the salad.