The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
The easiest skewer meatballs
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 500 gramssausage meat
- 4 corn cob
- 200 mlcreme fraiche 9%
- 1 bunchchives
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cucumber
- wooden skewers
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
These meatballs are super easy - and the kids love them! They're made from sausage meat, ovencooked and skewered with veggies. We've served the skewers with corn on the cob, rice and a creme fraiche dressing. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection, cook the rice according to the packet and bring a pot of salted water to the boil for the corn cobs.
2. Wet your hands. Squeeze small portions of meat out of the sausage and shape into little balls. Pop them on a baking tray covered with baking parchment and bake until cooked through. This will take 10-20 minutes depending on their size.
3. Remove the leaves and those horribly annoying and tricky hairs from the corn cobs. Split the cobs into the size you want, and cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
4. Mix a quick dressing of creme fraiche and chopped chives - season with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse cherry tomatoes and cucumber, and chop the cucumber into bite-sized chunks. Pop the meatballs and veg into skewers in the order you like best.
6. Serve the skewers with rice, dressing and corn cobs.
If you think the meatballs need a bit more colour once they're out of the oven, just give them a quick sear in some butter or oil on a hot pan before skewering them.