The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
The easiest (and yummiest) pickled pumpkin
( 1 portion )
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin- or regular pumpkin, approx. a kilo
- 250 mlvinegar
- 450 gramssugar
- 50 mlsweet chilli sauce
- jam jar
About the recipe
It might seem fairly extra to have home-pickled things in the fridge, when you're a family with kids and a busy schedule. But it's actually super easy to pickle. Here we've made pickled pumpkin, but you can also use courgette. Enjoy!
1. Peel the pumpkin - if using courgette, leave the peel on, but rinse it thoroughly.
2. Slice the pumpkin into slices about 5mm - 1 cm thick.
3. Bring vinegar, sugar and sweet chilli sauce to the boil in a pot and add the pumpkin slices. Let cook for about 20 minutes. When they've clarified, they're done.
4. Place pumpkin and brine in a boiled jam jar and store somewhere cool and dry.
5. Enjoy in a salad or as a side for dinner.
Choose a large pumpkin, weighing about a kilo. You can also use the recipe to pickle courgette instead.