The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 0.5 pointed cabbage
- 2 red onion
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 100 mlvinegar
- 100 mlsugar
- 2 cmfresh ginger
- 8 grill sausage
- 8 hotdog buns
- 0.5 cucumber
- 4 spring onions
- fresh coriander
- sweet chilli sauce
- fried onions
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've twisted the age-old classic hotdog with a hint of Asia - hints they may never have heard of in Asia, but they're super tasty regardless. Look forward to these - and enjoy!
1. Thinly slice rinsed cabbage and onion. Peel and grate the carrots on the rough side of a grater. Pour vinegar, sugar, and grated ginger in a pot and bring to the boil.
2. Add cabbage, onion and carrot once the sugar has dissolved. Let it boil for about 10 minutes, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pop the cabbage mix in the fridge until dinnertime.
3. Roast the sausages on a pan - or grill them, if weather permits! Warm the hotdog buns in the oven.
4. Rinse and grate the cucumber on the rough side of a grater. Rinse the spring onions and thinly slice into rings.
5. Serve the hotdogs with pickled cabbage, fresh coriander, mayo, sweet chilli sauce, fried onions, and grated cucumber and spring onions on top. You can of course just use whatever toppings you like best!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help roast the sausages. They can also help taste the pickled cabbage, and plate the toppings in small bowls.