The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Thai-fishcakes with noodles and fried veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 gramscod fillet
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tbspplain flour
- 1 tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tbspsweet chilli sauce
- 0.5 tbspground ginger
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 bunchfresh coriander
- wholewheat noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 headpointed cabbage
- 1 canbaby corn
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
The yummiest fishcakes, which we've spiced up with a dash of the East and served with noodles and flash fried veggies. Enjoy!
1. Give cod fillet and salt a quick whirl in a food processor, until you have a coarse farce. If you don't have a food processor, just chop up the fish with your best and sharpest knife.
2. Add onion, egg, plain flour and a bit of cracked pepper, and give the farce another go in the food processor.
3. Stir the fish farce with soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and ground ginger. You can also use finely grated fresh ginger. Press the garlic and finely chop coriander (save half for garnish, for those that would like it) and stir both into the farce.
4. Cook a little test-cake to make sure the seasoning is to your liking.
5. Dip a spoon in a cup of water and shape some nice fishcaes with the spoon and the palm of your hand. Cook in a mix of butter and olive oil on a pan, until they have a lovely golden and crisp surface. Remember to flip them frequently, so they don't go black.
6. Cook the noodles according to the packet and leave to drip off in a colander while you finish up the rest. You can mix them with a bit of olive oil, so they don't stick together.
7. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and thinly slice the bell pepper and pointed cabbage into strips. Cut the baby corn into smaller bits.
8. Fry the veggies in a bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes.
9. Serve the Thai-cakes with noodles, fried veggies, and soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce as dips. Garnish with coriander for those who want it.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help wash the bell pepper, and cut both that and the baby corn into pieces.