The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Tenderloin skewers with potatoes, salad and aioli
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 20 gramssesame seeds- or sunflower seeds
- lettuce of your choice
- 3 snack pepper
- 300 gramscarrots*
- dressing of your choice
- grill skewers
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Skewers are a great way to serve meat, that is both kid-friendly and a bit exciting. Here we've made simple tenderloin skewers with potatoes, salad and aioli. Enjoy!
1. Rinse and scrub the potatoes, and cook until tender in a pot of salted water. This should take about 12-15 minutes - be mindful not to overcook them. If you want to give them an extra scrumptious look, after they're cooked and drained, you can give them a quick go with some olive oil in a pan.
2. Halve the tenderloin. Slice each half into 4-6 long pieces. Pop each piece on a skewer, and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a pan, or on the grill if weather permits, for about 10-15 minutes.
3. If your pan is too small for the skewers, you can cook the meat and skewer it afterwards - but be careful, they're hot! You can also break off a bit of the skewers to shorten them, or pop the pork skewers in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Toast sesame or sunflower seeds on a dry pan. Let cool on a plate. Rinse the lettuce, rinse, clean and slice the bell peppers. Peel and slice the carrots. Mix with the toasted sesame or sunflower seeds and top with dressing of your choice.
5. Serve the skewers with potatoes, salad, and aioli for dipping. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help prep the bell peppers for the salad and peel carrots. They can also help put the meat on skewers. But make sure they watch their fingers - and wash them afterywards!