The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Tenderloin crock pot with rice and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 100 gramsdiced bacon
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 2 tbspred pesto
- 1 cubebeef stock
- 50 gramssunflower seeds*
- lettuce of your choice
- 1 apple
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 200 mlsingle cream- or half cream
- dressing of your choice
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Tenderloin crock pot is a true Danish classic - it's not quite a stew, thanks to the delicious tomatoey broth - but it is a definite hit with most families! It's packed with flavour from the bacon and tenderloin, and did you know that the chopped tomatoes count as one of your Five a Day? Here we've served the crock pot with rice and an easy salad. The dish is for two days, so remember to save the leftovers for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and roughly dice it. Cut the tenderloin into bite-sized chunks - remember to wash your hands, knife and cutting board when you're done.
3. Sear the bacon in a large pot. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, paprika and tenderloin and stir well.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, red pesto and crumbled stock cube and bring the pot to the boil. Let it simmer for 15 minutes, until the meat is cooked through - or longer, if you have time. The longer it simmers, the more flavour it gets!
5. Meanwhile, roast the sunflower seeds on a dry pan and let them cool off on a plate.
6. Rinse lettuce and apple and cut both into smaller pieces. Peel the carrots and make thin strips with a peeler, or roughly grate. Top the salad with sunflower seeds and dressing.
7. Bring down the heat and add the cream to the pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve this brilliant classic with piping hot rice and the quick salad.
Choose the biggest tenderloin you can find, as the dish is for two days. And, well, even though this crock pot is absolutely delicious, you have to remember to save the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow.