The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Super quick wok with chickpeas and coconut milk
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 500 gramsfrozen wok mix
- 2 tspred curry paste
- 1 tinchickpeas
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 1 tbspsweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbspsoy sauce
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Today we've made things extra easy – we've used a frozen wok mix to save you the chopping, and put together a vegetarian wok with chickpeas and coconut milk. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Now fry the wok mix in a deep pan or wok along with curry paste in some olive oil – watch out for sputtering oil, as can happen if the veggies contain a lot of water.
3. Add drained chickpeas and continue to fry until the veggies are lightly browned.
4. Add coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Voila, super quick dinner. Serve the wok with piping hot rice – and enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help time how quickly this dish is made! They can also help taste, of course. We've used black chickpeas, but you can use black or white. If you want the rice ready a bit quicker, pick up wholegrain rice in a bag, like from Uncle Bens. They only take 10 minutes to cook.