The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Super quick lasagne with beef, cauliflower and fresh lasagne sheets – for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 350 gramsfrozen cauliflower rice
- 800 gramsbeef mince
- 2 tbsppaprika
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 130 gramsred pesto
- 500 mlmornay sauce
- 500 gramsfresh lasagne sheets
- 150 gramsgrated cheese
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Snack veggies
- 300 gramscarrots*
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've put together a super quick lasagne with fresh lasagne sheets, beef and cauliflower. We're breaking with lasagne traditions a bit and mixing bolognese and mornay sauce to save time in the kitchen. The recipe is designed for two days, so remember to save the leftovers for the following day. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees fan assisted.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Sweat onion, garlic and cauliflower rice for a few minutes in some olive oil in a deep pan or pot, until everything is lightly browned. Add beef mince, paprika and oregano.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, pesto and mornay sauce and let the lot simmer for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the mornay-bolognese in an oven dish in at least three layers, separated by lasagne sheets. Start and finish with a layer of sauce. Top with grated cheese and bake the lasagne for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
5. Sprinkle the lasagne with a bit of herbs if you have some handy, and serve with carrot sticks as snack veg. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel carrots and cut snack veggies. They can also help taste the sauce and place lasagne sheets into the dish.