The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Sunflower-coated salmon nuggets with pasta salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 200 gramssunflower seeds*
- 0.5 tspsalt
- 1 egg
- 400 gramssalmon fillet
- 200 gramsfrozen peas
- 1 apple
- 2 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 150 gramsred pesto
- 100 gramsfeta block
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Fish just is easier to get into the kids when it's packaged as nuggets. And these salmon nuggets with sunflower seeds are SO tasty. We've made an easy and delicious pasta salad with avocado, apples and feta mixed in pesto on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet, then blanch with cold water and leave to drip off.
3. Give sunflower seeds and salt a proper whirl in a mini chopper or a food processor and pour it into a deep plate.
4. Beat the egg in another deep plate. Remove the skin from the salmon and cut the meat into bite-sized chunks.
5. Now coat the salmon pieces first in the egg, then in the sunflower seeds. Carefully place the pieces on a baking tray with baking parchment and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the fish will split into flakes nicely.
6. Cook the peas according to the bag and blanch with cold water. Rinse and dice the apple. Split the avocado, remove the stone and dice the flesh. Drizzle with some lemon juice to prevent the avocado browning. Mix everything with red pesto, feta, and pasta. Season to taste with a touch of salt and pepper.
7. Serve the yummy salmon nuggets with the pasta salad on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids dice the avocado and apples.
Save a few nuggets for the kids' packed lunches - it's super yummy!