The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Stuffed courgettes with salad - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- Stuffed courgettes
- 2 courgette
- 2 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 1000 gramspork mince
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 140 gramstomato purée
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 100 gramsgrated cheese
- olive oil
- lettuce of your choice
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 red bell pepper
- 0.5 cucumber
- dressing of your choice
- 2 naan bread
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Stuffed courgettes are a really great way of getting veggies into the kids. We've filled them with pork mince in tomato sauce, and served with salad and naan bread. You can also use chicken mince. The recipe is designed for two days. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees fan assisted.
2. Wash the courgettes and halve them lengthways. Hollow out with a spoon (careful not to pierce the shell) and save the scooped out courgette meat.
3. Finely chop onion and garlic. Sautée onion and garlic in a pot or deep pan with some olive oil for a few minutes. Add the mince and let brown. Then add the courgette meat, and sautée for another couple of minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, crumbled stock cube, oregano and maybe a dash of water, if it needs some moisture. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Fill the courgette shells with the meat sauce and top with grated cheese. Save the leftover meat sauce for dinner tomorrow. Now bake the courgette in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted, nice and golden.
6. Rinse lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumber and cut the lot into bite-sized chunks. Mix with dressing of your choice.
7. Warm the naan bread in the oven, for 30-60 seconds in the microwave or in a toaster. Serve the stuffed courgettes with warm naans and the yummy salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help make the salad – they can cut up tomatoes, cucumber and bell pepper.